Explore Your Path to Possibility
Want to get a jump start on your college experience?
The iExcel summer program will expose you to college level coursework to help you best prepare for the upcoming semester. This program will also assist you in exploring career options, while providing endless opportunities to network with professionals from various career fields. All participants will partake in college success seminars, personal development workshops, and college resource activities. In addition, students will learn more about campus life and will engage in leadership and service learning experiences.
When & Where
Community College of Philadelphia (Main Campus)
Program Dates: July 10, 2017 - August 4, 2017
- Explore career choices & networking opportunities with various professionals
- Strengthen academic abilities & gain valuable study skills
- Develop leadership & life planning skills
- Develop an academic, financial and career plan
- Off-Campus leadership retreat & service learning experience
- Free breakfast and lunch daily
- Weekly SEPTA TransPass to provide transportation to the campus
- PLUS a $300.00 stipend upon successful completion of the program
- Must complete an admission application to the Community College of Philadelphia
- Must complete the College’s Placement Test and be admitted to the College
- Must complete FAFSA and PHEAA application no later than June 1, 2017
- Must be an incoming first-time student at the Community College of Philadelphia
- Must submit the CME’s Summer Program Application no later than May 18, 2017
- Must attend a scheduled on-campus interview
Program Interview Options: See application for available dates and times
Program Acceptance Notification Date: June 16, 2017
Date of Program: July 10, 2017 – August 4, 2017
Mandatory Retreat: July 30, 2017 – August 4, 2017
Orientation (Mandatory): June 22, 2017 at 5pm (Main Campus)
Geared towards African-American males, the Community College of Philadelphia’s Center for Male Engagement (CME) provides its members with targeted academic, cultural and social supports designed to enhance their skill sets, cultivate a sense of belonging and build resolve as they pursue a degree at Community College of Philadelphia and continue beyond.
For more information regarding the iExcel Summer program, please contact Eric Westbrook at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.496.6097.